Speakers and Poster Presenters for CAPNI APRN 2020 Conference
This announcement has 2 attachments:
Call for Abstracts
Coalition of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses of Indiana (CAPNI)
ANNUAL APRN Conference
Thursday and Friday, February 20-21, 2020
Indianapolis Marriott North at Keystone
CAPNI invites you to participate in our annual conference by submitting an abstract for a conference speaker presentation and/or poster presentation.
Major categories of the conference include:
- Primary Care (including Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Geriatrics)
- Acute/Critical Care
- Specialty Care
- Health Care Reform, Leadership, and Policy Issues
Submissions should relate to one of the major categories of the conference, and should be evidence-based. Please consider how the information presented can be integrated into clinical practice by the attendees.
Submission deadline September 1, 2019. Abstract should be submitted on line to email@example.com utilizing the abstract submission form. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
- Pharmacology: Knowledge relevant to NP practice which may include, but is not limited to: updates on new medications, prescribing within drug classifications, special population considerations in prescribing practices, or general prescribing issues such as polypharmacy or pharmacogenetics.
- Primary Care: Areas relevant to APRN practice in the primary care setting. May include, but is not limited to, innovative education strategies, practice improvements through use of technology, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness, preventative care, and practice issues.
- Acute/Critical Care: Areas relevant to APRN practice in the acute/critical care setting. May include, but is not limited to, innovative education strategies, practice improvements through use of technology, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness, clinical innovations, and practice issues.
- Specialty Care: Areas relevant to APRN practice in a specialty practice setting. May include, but is not limited to, innovative education strategies, practice improvements through use of technology, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness in specialty populations, and clinical innovations. May include specialties such as mental health, surgical specialties, oncology, neurology, or palliative care. May also include specialty settings such as homeless/ indigent clinic, hospice, or long term care.
- Health Care Reform, Leadership, and Policy Issues: Relevance to APRN practice in all areas. May include, but is not limited to, emerging legislative trends on a local or national level, health care reform initiatives, or NP leadership.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically on the Abstract Submission Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts descriptions must be 400 words or less with an introductory sentence describing the purpose of the presentation, a brief description of the intended content, and a conclusion.
- Abstracts for speaking presentations should be 60 minutes in length.
- For a poster presentation, designated times will be determined during the conference for the authors to present their posters. An author must be present at the designated time.
The program planning committee will review submissions adhering to the guidelines and submitted prior to the deadline. A limited number of abstracts will be accepted according to limitations of conference time and space. The decisions of the program planning committee are final. The final decision is made after the September 1, 2019 deadline.
Conference speakers will receive $250 or a free conference registration. Honorarium for national speakers is negotiated on an individual basis. Poster presenters will receive 50% discount on conference registration.
Questions regarding the abstract submission and selection process should be directed to Allyson Card: email@example.com
Please complete the appropriate attached document for a conference speaker and/or poster presenter abstract and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org