The Debra Brock Memorial Scholarship
This announcement has 1 attachment:
The Debra Brock Memorial Scholarship for APRN Masters, PhD or DNP Students
Number of Awards:
- 1 APRN Masters Student
- 1 APRN Doctoral Student
Amount: $1000 each
Amounts to be distributed by: July 1st of each year
Application deadline to the Scholarship Committee: April 1, 2019
Recipients to be voted on and selected at May Board meeting
The Debra Brock Memorial Scholarship Application
(In honor of one of our founding members)
It is the intent of the Coalition of Advanced Practices Nurses of Indiana (CAPNI) to promote the future of advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) in this state by offering a scholarship to be used towards the tuition for APRN education. CAPNI is accepting applications for scholarship awards for the student pursuing a degree in advanced practice registered nursing in either a masters of nursing or doctoral of nursing program at an accredited school.
- State of Indiana licensure as a registered nurse.
- Proof of enrollment in an APRN (NP, CNS, CNM) program at an accredited school on school letterhead.
- Evidence of 3.4 or higher grade point average.
- Supporting information to include a statement of no more than 200 words outlining your personal goals related to the CAPNI mission statement.
- Proof of enrollment in CAPNI as a student or active member
- Two letters of support from professional colleagues.
- Evidence of distinction in any one of the following areas:
- Participation in a regional, state, or national professional organization
- Promotion of the role of APRN through a research project
- Participation in legislative and policy-making activities at the local, state, or national level
- Participation in community service
- Contribution to the advancement of the APRN role
- Completion of the application and receipt on or before the stated due date.
The decision of the CAPNI Scholarship Committee is final. The dollar amount and number of scholarships will be awarded and may change from year to year.
Applications are available through the website: www.capni.org
This scholarship is disbursed to the recipient and jointly to the college at which you are enrolled. Should you not enroll in a APRN (NP, CNS, CNM) program the monies must be returned within thirty (30) days.