Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner New
Franciscan Health Lafayette
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner – Franciscan Health Lafayette – Lafayette, Indiana
Franciscan Health Lafayette is seeking an experienced advance practice nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist, with prescriptive authority to join our Palliative Care Team, to meet the growing demands of our inpatient and outpatient services.
This position offers:
- An established palliative care team led by our board certified palliative care physician
- Flexible scheduling, and 10 hour shifts
- Only Palliative Care program in the Lafayette area
- Oncology Program accredited by the Commission on Cancer
The Palliative Care Team operates within the mission statement of Franciscan Health. Palliative Care Consult Services provides a highly qualified and clinical specialist level of care to our medically complex and terminally ill patients, in a family centered environment. The interdisciplinary care team provides care to adult patients experiencing chronic, debilitating or serious illness regardless of prognosis.
The Palliative Care Team consists of a board certified medical director, advance practice nurses, registered nurse, and in collaboration with social worker, spiritual care and other disciplines as needed.
This position will work closely with Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of Franciscan Health, which brings together the many primary and specialty care physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. FPN includes more than 800 physicians and advanced practice providers at 260 locations, who are devoted to creating the best outcomes for all inpatient services across the hospital system, as well as more than 4 million outpatient visits annually.
Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest employing a work force greater than 20,000. With 14 hospitals and a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence, Franciscan Health takes pride in providing convenient, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
Franciscan Health and FPN strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers.
Full and part-time opportunities are offered benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, and vision
- Retirement options, including 403 (b), 457 (b), and 401 (a)
- Short and long-term disability
- Professional leadership development
Lafayette, Indiana is a desirable community in which to live and work. The region is the home of Purdue University, Purdue Research Park and many multi-national companies which contribute to a strong, local economy. Offerings include highly-ranked public and private schools and diverse cultural activities.
Area attractions include:
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette
- Civic Theater of Greater Lafayette
- Imagination Station (interactive exhibit area for children)
- Lafayette Ballet Company
- Lafayette Symphony
- Multitude of culturally diverse dining options
Local industries with strong economic and global ties include:
- Purdue University
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive
- Wabash National
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- Alcoa/Lafayette Operations
- General Electric
- Education: Advance Practice Nurse degree - MSN
- Experience: Previous clinical experience of one or more years in internal medicine or acute care is preferred
- Licensure/Certification: Current Indiana license and current nationally recognized certification by the ANCC or AANP, DEA/CSR. CPR required